SYMPHONIC WIND ORCHESTRA
The Symphonic Wind Orchestra is the advanced (varsity) band in the John B. Connally High School program. Students will prepare/perform an advanced music curriculum and have a strong commitment to rehearsal and individual practice time. Private lessons are strongly recommended. Membership in this organization is by audition and selection by the directors. Audition materials regularly include All-State/All-Region Etudes, scales, and sight-reading. The Symphonic Wind Orchestra meets 1st/5th Period.
Membership carries the following responsibilities:
1. Attendance at all rehearsals, sectionals, clinics, and performances.
2. Preparation of All-State/All-Region Band music during Fall Semester.
3. Audition for All-State/All-Region Band or Orchestra.
4. Performance of prepared music designated to strengthen the proficiency of the student.
6. Performance of concert music assigned by the directors.
7. Maintain academic eligibility.
8. Abide by all Connally Band Handbook policies.